AS Evaluation Question 7
Posted by Martyn Hollinshead | Labels: Evaluation Questions | Posted On Friday, 30 March 2012 at 05:16

I feel that I have learned a great deal during the
progression from my preliminary magazine, ‘The Bulletin’, to my final product,
‘InstruMENTAL’. With my preliminary task I wanted to see what I could do to
make the magazine look unique and stand out amongst others. I focused on colour
palette and layout mainly as I saw them as the most striking features of the
design I had created. However I soon realised that there was much more to a
magazine than its appearance. By looking at the features of other magazines I
found that my preliminary magazine was rather bare in content; there were only
two sections and the listings only went up to page twenty-six. A real magazine
would obviously contain much more content than this, so I ensured that the
amount of content included in my final product would be adequate enough to have
a realistic representation. The cover lines were also low in detail and too
large in size. I found that in other magazines there were normally subheadings
below the cover lines to add detail to what was being represented. So I learned
that the content had to be sufficient enough to attract the reader and give the
magazine a professional feel so that it could compete effectively with others.
In progressing from my preliminary magazine to the final
product I believe that I have been able to construct a magazine that has the
professional appearance and content that it requires to succeed in the current music
magazine market. I have learned that it is important to consider more than just
the way it looks as this is what people purchase it for. I was satisfied with
my preliminary magazine at the time, however in my opinion InstruMENTAL!
magazine is a massive improvement over this, and will fully connect with my
audience.





Post a Comment